CarlAlves

CarlAlves

Blood Moon

Blood Moon - M.R. Sellars This is the first novel that I have read in the Rowan Gant series and I was a bit underwhelmed by it. Rowan Gant is a witch who can hear the dead and helps the police with murder investigations. Although he wants out of these investigations, the dead won’t let him out and he gets sucked into another investigation which involves vampires, or at least someone who likes to drain the blood out of his victims.

As I mentioned, the novel was a bit underwhelming. The writing to me seemed fairly pedestrian. There was nothing novel or intriguing about the storyline. Furthermore, very little actually happens in this novel. It’s mostly just Rowan having conversations with people. There is very little that occurs from a plot standpoint. This novel could easily have been cut in half. Most disappointing of all is that the climactic scene of this novel happens off the screen. There is no payoff. By the time I was finished reading it, I was ambivalent and had no interest in reading any further books in this series.

Carl Alves – author of Blood Street