CarlAlves

CarlAlves

Catching Fire

Catching Fire - Suzanne  Collins I had very high expectations coming into this novel since the first book in the Hunger Games series was so well done. If anything, this novel exceeded expectations. I watched the movie about a week before I read the book, so I mostly knew everything that was going to happen. As good as the movie was, the book gave a much richer experience. Mostly there were subtle nuances in the novel that really enhanced it. One example that struck me right away was during the interview session Finnick was reciting a poem to his one true love. I didn’t think much of it in the movie, but in the novel he was doing it because he had numerous lovers in the Capitol and he didn’t identify his one true love in the poem, leaving all of those lovers thinking it was them that he was addressing. There were other little things that happened, things that were explained better that made the novel well worth reading.

This was a strong novel, well-written with good action and character development. I enjoyed it more than the first novel and recommend it to anyone who enjoys good fiction, regardless of your age.

Carl Alves – author of Reconquest: Mother Earth