CarlAlves

CarlAlves

Outbound Flight

Outbound Flight - Timothy Zahn In Star Wars: Outbound Flight, the oftentimes cranky and ornery Jedi Master Jorus C'baoth is undertaking a far ranging mission of expansion to uncharted galaxies. Initially opposed by Emperor Palpatine, he sees it as a way to dispose of the jedi master as well as the other jedi that are taking part in the mission, including Obi Wan Kenobi, who is sent by Mace Windu to look over the project. Outbound Flight is ambushed by an advanced alien race as Sith lord Darth Sidious aims to take out the flight.

The plot was solid and the writing was competent enough, as Timothy Zahn has displayed in previous works, but there was nothing about the book that really stood out. This strikes me as a novel that I will likely forget about in a year. There was no new ground either in the portrayal of the characters or the story line. The best part of the book was the excellent job of the narrator in the audio format that I listened to. Although not a bad read, this isn't something I would go out of my way to pick up.

Carl Alves - author of Blood Street