CarlAlves

CarlAlves

Into the Storm

Into the Storm - Taylor Anderson I listened to the audio version of this book, and at first it seemed like it was going be a World War II novel. Not knowing what the novel was about, it took me by surprise when it turned out to be an alternative history novel as a US destroyer under heavy attack by the Japanese navy got sucked into a maelstrom. They then set sail to Bali and find an island inhabited by lizard like dinosaurs. They also run into Lemurians, who are mammalian in nature and more peaceful. The Americans must decide who’s side they are on, while trying to figure out a way home.

There was a lot to like about Into the Storm. The naval warfare part at the beginning is really well done, as is the world building that occurs when they arrive in this alternate reality. Captain Reddy and his crew find themselves in a sticky situation, and I could really empathize with them as Reddy had to make difficult choices to keep his men alive and at the same time do the right thing in this new world. The novel is well written, well paced and filled with action and tension. The first in a series, this is the best alternate reality book I’ve ever read.
Carl Alves - author of Two For Eternity