CarlAlves

CarlAlves

Jovian

Jovian - Donald Moffitt Jovian is a story starting off on the planet Jupiter before making its way to other locales in the solar system such as Venus, Mercury and finally Earth. The Jovians have a tough go of it in Jupiter's heavy atmosphere and harsh climate. Jarls, the story's protagonist leaves the planet in search of a better life, and finds out that the deal he signed up for isn't all it's cracked up to be, and he winds up in essence being a slave. But Jarls is resourceful and after a few tough jobs, manages to make his way to Earth, the land of milk and honey. Jarls gets himself in a number of predicaments, including being the lover of his boss's wife. As always, Jarls manages to use his resourcefulness to get himself out of trouble and become a hero. I found Jovian to be an interesting read, but it really meandered. It wasn't so much of a story as it was a chronicle. Some of the times, I found myself getting a little bored with it. It would have been better if the plot had been more focused.
Carl Alves - author of Two For Eternity