CarlAlves

CarlAlves

The First 48

The First 48 - Tim Green This book made me want to put it down several times and other times made me want to keep reading. It had a little Jeckyl and Hide to it. It had sufficient tension and the plot moved along at a nice pace, but there were so many ridiculous aspects to it, that it was hard to read at times. For starters, the father of the girl who got abducted was wildly inconsistent. At first, he's a crazy drunk, and then at the flick of a switch, he becomes this no-nonsense tough guy. There was no progression to his character. His friend, Mike, a private investigator who seems to know how to do everything, can't hotwire a car. The villains in this story were just down right atrociously drawn out. And yet again the evil pharmaceutical conglomerate is the bad guy. You would think based on the work's of fiction writers that the primary interest of drug companies is to kill people off in order to push their products. This is so cliche it makes me ill every time I read it. Come on, get some imagination all ready. Not horrible but also not worth the time reading.
Carl Alves - author of Two For Eternity